Terms and Conditions
LEGAL NOTICE AND INFORMATION AND ACCEPTANCE THEREOF
Landmark Film School is a trading name of Landmark Films Ltd. The term “Landmark Film School” or “LFS” or “us” or “we” refers to the owner of the website whose registered office and company registration number is:
18 Glasshouse Studios, Fryern Court Road, Fordingbridge, Hampshire, SP6 1QX
Company No. 04331865
The term “you” refers to the user or viewer of our website.
This Legal Notice governs access to and use of the website www.landmarkfilmschool.com (the “Website”) which Landmark Film School provides for Internet users interested in its education-related services and content (the “Users”).
The aim of the Website is to provide information on education services.
Landmark Film School can revise, at any time and without prior notice, the design, presentation and/or configuration of the Website. The same applies to the services offered, which can be amended or added to at our discretion.
TERMS OF ACCESS AND USE OF THE WEBSITE
A couple of things to make clear about the website. Landmark Film School is a new venture so the website uses stock (library) photos to illustrate the kind of learning on offer. Where specific equipment is shown, please understand that this doesn’t necessarily mean the course you attend will be using this particular equipment. Our aim is always to make you confident and capable whatever the camera you are using.
The testimonial quotes on the website are all real and accurate, obviously. They come from students who have attended courses (on self shooting, documentary directing, interviewing for documentary, documentary ethics, making a short film, observational documentary) with Nick O’Dwyer at other teaching institutions. The quotes are randomised throughout the site so they don’t necessarily relate to a students experience of the particular course features above it. The quote might be a review from, say a documentary directing course being used on a self shooting page.
It is strictly prohibited to make any use of the Website beyond the aim established in these Terms. In this regard, it is strictly prohibited for the User to make any unlawful use of the material or information included on the Website. The User must answer to Landmark Film School in the case of using the site in any way that damages, renders useless, overloads, deteriorates or impedes normal use of material and information contained in the Website, information systems, documents, files and all other types of content stored on any computer equipment belonging to Landmark Film School (hacking), its members or any User of the Website (including by the introduction or spreading of “computer viruses”).
Likewise, it is the responsibility of the User to keep all information given to Landmark Film School up to date, with the aim of reflecting their real situation. Nonetheless, the User is solely responsible for any false or incorrect information provided and for any damages this may cause to Landmark Film School or third parties.
In accordance with Landmark Film School’s anti-spamming policy, the User is obliged to avoid using and obtaining information from mailing lists which can be accessed through the information and services contained in the Website for actions with promotional or advertising ends such sending commercial communications of any type via any medium not requested or given prior consent by Landmark Film School and/or those involved.
Any user who does not comply with any of the above obligations, either intentionally or unlawfully, will be responsible for any damages caused.
Some courses require payment through the online booking system. It does cost money to run courses – premises have to be hired, gear has to be rented where needed, staff have to be paid, insurance put in place etc. So, in these instances, the following terms apply:
- Payment of all courses are required on booking and in advance of students attending the course, irrespective of the venue
- Where an invoice is requested, payment is required 15 days after the date of the invoice and must be paid in advance of student attending the course. In the event of payment not being received in advance, training will not be delivered irrespective of the travelling distance of the student/s
FEES AND CHARGES
- In the event of cancellation by you within one week – seven calendar days – of the due date we reserve the right to charge you 100% of the fee plus the full costs of any expenses already incurred.
- In the event of cancellation by you within two weeks of the due date we reserve the right to charge you a cancellation fee of 50% of the fee plus the full costs of any expenses already incurred (commercial courses only).
- Landmark Film School reserves the right to cancel a course 7 days prior to the course start date if there are insufficient students attending a course. In such circumstances Landmark Film School’s financial liability is limited to any course fees paid in advance by the student or their employer, no associated costs (such as hotel fees) are Landmark Film School’s liability.
- VAT – Landmark Film School is a trading name of Landmark Films Limited, VAT number 786 9232 77.
- Payment must be made within 15 days of receiving our invoice.
- You may also be liable for any registration charges that may occur up to two months before the examination date.
- All refund requests need to be made in the first instance to Landmark Film School.
- Fees will only be refunded in specific circumstances:
- Where courses are cancelled by Landmark Film School and no alternative date is provided – 100% refund of course fees will be made
- Where a learner advises withdrawal in writing less than 21 days, prior to the commencement – 50% refund
- Where a learner advises withdrawal in writing less than 7 days, prior to the commencement – 0% refund
- Where a learner is unable to continue due to ill health at any point during the course – refund pro-rata for non attendance less administration fee.
- Landmark Film School will only refund fees if Landmark Film School cancels the course or if at initial assessment the course is found to be inappropriate to an individual learner needs. Otherwise there is no refund.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Likewise, Landmark Film School does not guarantee the availability, continuity or infallibility of the functioning of its Website, and consequently is exempt from, to the fullest extent permitted by law, any responsibility for any damages that may arise due to a lack of availability or continuity where the functioning of the Website and the services it offers are concerned.
Landmark Film School will not be held liable for any damages incurred due to services provided by third parties through the Website.
All copyright, database rights and other intellectual property rights in all the material on the site including but not limited to site design, structure, page layouts, graphical images, search results and underlying software code (collectively the “Content”) legally and beneficially belongs to Landmark Film School.