NEXT DATES JAN 15/16
Learn professional techniques from one of the top television interviewers in Britain. The Mail on Sunday described Nick as “one of the best interviewers working in TV today” and you’ll be learning real-world tips and tricks gained from 30 years of experience. You’ll learn the tecchy skills of how to set up and film professional looking interviews but you’ll also gain insights into the human skills you’ll need to help your contributor to shine in front of camera. This is a small group course with plenty of individualised attention and feedback.
You’ll spend half this course learning the practical skills of setting up and filming interviews and the equally important “people stuff” which helps your contributors truly express themselves. You’ll spend the other half in practical exercises, setting up and filming interview clips in different locations. Areas covered include:
• Setting up an interview without terrifying people
• Choosing focal lengths, frames and depths of field
• How to build trust with your interviewee
• How to ask questions to prompt revealing answers
• How to ask questions which make your edit easy
• The importance and influence of sound
• How to ask the bleedin’ obvious without being rude
• How to use available light to best effect
• An idiot-proof lighting set-up
We supply cameras, tripods, lights and sound kits.